Sunday, October 17, 2010

Just another one




Ok so yesterday we skated at 8 oclock in the morning. First we did two laps around the loop that is one mile for a nice warm up. Then it was on me and the hill the hill is excatly 100m so we had reps to do. First we did standing hundred meter stops tweleve reps. And I had some really fast openers thats what I really wanted to work on and I was feeling very very very strong doing that so after I finished my tweleve reps I went a one mile loop cool down with the team. Then we came back to do rolling 100m starts tweleve reps again. Now my goal for this one was to stay down the whole time and get to the top haha by the 6th rep I couldnt feel my legs anymore. So we finished that and we did another 1 mile cool down. So we came back to do standing tube starts again 100m by tweleve reps and tube starts are when I put a bike tube around my waist and someone usually my coach stands behinds just standing straight up and I take him all the way up the hill. It is no joke. So on my seventh rep I tweaked something in my back and by the time I got back down the hill I just went down. I have had back problems in the past but nothing like this before it was very very very painful. So I didnt finish my other reps but by that my legs were done any way and I wanted to rest my self because we had indoor that night.

The Hill dont let it fool you its a incline from hell.


Me doing pull throughs before the injury. Ill get a better picture later and if you want to see a better go see my twitter.com/MRice007






So indoor that night we started off with an hour slide board I got on did 13 slides and my back was toast so I just rolled around and helped coach until about 45 minutes left in the 3 hour practice and we were doing pull through starts so I did that with practicly no wait on my body so it didnt hurt that bad. But it still did hurt.





By this morning I woke up and felt pretty good I went to church and my back a little bothering me but not as bad as yesterday we have indoor today I will keep you posted on that through twitter or through my next blog.






Until next time..