Thursday, November 4, 2010

Have to go slow before you can fast.

Hey guys it has been a while since I have blogged but I am back and have a little to say. First I want to start off by people if you plan on going fast right now you can go ahead and do it but in my eyes I think it is very dumb to do. This time of the year is time to go slow and the speed will come eventually I promise you that. Guys just take it slow work on weight transfer hip going into the corner work on arm swing also know as the basics. If the best athletes do this ever year from NFL superstars to World Champions in speed skating this is what you have to do. Now most of people know that but I have just noticed on facebook and etc that everyone is training hard and thats good I am training hard but I am not traing hard to get "fast" im training to perfect my form and strength me more mentally more than anything. This subject just has really bugged me for a couple seasons actually but now just getting off my chest. It cracks me up when people have wack form and thing there doing something. Look at Mantia, Cheex, Bowen, Vogel all those World Champions I bet they get home from Worlds and take time off and then get back to basic training. I just see the younger kids in the sport just trying to go fast and turn left there is way more than that in the sport it is easy to go fast but its so hard to go fast and do it right and its even harder to get faster without any form. So this is to the little skaters in the sport work on your form right now and then speed will come!!!!
-Matt Rice