Monday, November 15, 2010

The Road to Trials

So lately I have been doing nothing but training its been very crazy traveling and doing what I love. I know NSC Trials were this past weekend and I really think I should of skated it thats just my thoughts on it. I have been skaiting pretty well in my eyes and other peoples eyes I am skating on well equipment I just got the prototypes IQ wheels. I am pretty much in love with the wheels and skating on the stiff P*51 frame 4x110mm and simmons boot. It seems pretty good for me right now and I can push all my power down with the 4x110mm frame. But I am honestly thinking about gettign the new Triple XXX frame 4x110mm it just seems like the frame to skate on at the moment. And I have a new boot on the way but wont leak that out quite yet.

At practice the other day on the new IQ Wheels I have the outdoor set but are floor isnt coated so we wear outdoor wheels. I ran a 1min 33 seconds it went well we ae still trying to get my start up so I can run the 500's and open up my start for the 300m and 200m outside so pretty much we are killing my legs with hill sprints and tube starts. Pretty much the final results is me wanting to die and my feet killing me!

The past couple weeks I really want to work on my 500 and thats it but we have been doing a lot of laps at practice like are warm up is 350 laps with right leg pushes and left leg holds. So we are building are muscle memory to know where are arm swings suppose to be and weight transfer and all that techniqual stuff AKA the stuff everyone hates but needs to get done. Always remember GO SLOW BEFORE YOU CAN GO FAST. I know I have to work on my left arm swinging all the to my nose and not lifting my legs above the cone. But thats what I am working on.

But I will be at home for a while I believe and just work on the basics and just a lot of skating and working on basics. I know I rather go slow right now and work on the things I need to then by the time Trials comes around hopefully I'll stay off injury and be able to fly! Thats my goal this year yeah indoor is there but indoor hasnt been fun for me lately now im really only focusing on outdoors and making team thats my mind set right about now...